- Author : Dorothy Donovan
Publisher: Round Hall
Publication Date: 23/02/2016
Specially written for students of Irish law, each title in the Nutshell Series from Round Hall is an accessible review of key principles, concepts and cases. Nutshells are both the ideal introductory text, and the perfect revision aid.
The new edition of Employment Law Nutshell is primarily a revision tool for students, summarising the essential components of the vast subject of employment law. It is a user-friendly and concise work that will be an invaluable study aid.
New to this edition
* All chapters have been revised and rewritten to incorporate recent developments, and many have been expanded to cover areas not addressed in the previous edition such as the right to legal representation at disciplinary hearings, suspensions, injunctions and layoffs.
* Includes coverage of the new Workplace Relations Act 2015 and the Workplace Relations Commission.ÃÂ
* Deals with the legislative changes introduced by the Workplace Relations Act 2015.
* Features cases relating to fair procedures in effecting redundancies: Mackey v Resource Support Services Limited (UD56/2009) and Fennell v Resource Facilities Support Limited (D57/2009).
* Deals with recent changes in the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997 following decisions of the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Dorothy Donovan, LL.B., LL.M. (TCD), Barrister at Law (Kings Inns) is a practising barrister. She has lectured at the Institute of Technology Carlow (Wexford Campus) and has been a Vice-Chair of the Employment Appeals Tribunal since 2010.
Legal and General App
New Legal & General App is here
We are delighted to announce the release of our new Legal & General App it is the Four Courts shop in your pocket and at your fingertips.
The perfect companion to all members of the legal trade there will be a huge number of features added over time to serve the Legal community download it now
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.