Author: Gráinne Callanan
Previous Edition ISBN: 9780717158454
Published: November 2021
Publisher: Clarus Press
Country of Publication: Ireland
An Introduction to Irish Company Law is an established and popular leading textbook on company law. It is written with the student reader in mind and designed to help in their understanding of the core principles of company law. It is essential for all students undertaking undergraduate company law and business courses in Ireland. This book is also recommended for those taking their professional accountancy examinations as well as legal professionals and business owners seeking to reacquaint themselves with company law.
Fully updated and revised since the last edition in 2015, this fifth edition includes the following updates:
- Amendments to the Companies Act 2014 as a consequence of the Companies (Accounting) Act 2017, the Companies (Statutory Audits) Act 2018, The Companies (Amendment) Act 2019 and the Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions (Covid-19) Act 2020.
- European Union (Anti-Money Laundering: Beneficial Ownership of Corporate Entities) Regulations 2019 (“the 2019 Regulations)
Updated case law including:
- Gibbons v Doherty & ADT Investments Ltd  IESC 72 (Pre-Incorporation Contracts)
- O’Sullivan v Conroy Gold and Natural Resources Plc  IEHC 54 (Company Constitution, Directors’ Fiduciary Duties, Members’ Rights)
- Right to Know CLG v Raheenleagh Power DAC  IEHC 46 (Character of a Company)
- McGarry & McGarry v O’Brien  IEHC 740 and Grenet v Electronic Arts Ireland Ltd  IEHC 786 (Directors’ Authority)
- Stobart v Tinkler  EWHC 258 and Re Blarney Woollen Mills Group  IEHC 509 (Directors’ Authority v Members’ Powers)
- Re Park Magic Mobile Solutions Ltd  IEHC 287 (Rectification of Register of Members)
- Kings Court Trust Ltd v Lancashire Cleaning Services Ltd  EWHC 1094 (Death of Sole Member and Director)
- Re Fintra Trawling Co Ltd  IEHC 511 (Declaration of Personal Liability of Directors)
- Re Jazz Pharmaceuticals Plc Unreported, High Court (Barniville J), 1 December 2020; and Re Hibernia
- Reit Plc  IEHC 144 (Reduction of Share Capital).
- Re Keeping Kids Company Ltd  EWHC 175 (De Facto Directors)
- Re CF Booth Ltd  EWHC 457 (Ch) (Directors’ Fiduciary Duties and Dividend Policy)
- Granada Group Ltd v The Law Debenture Pension Trust Corp Plc  BCC 57 (Substantial Property Transactions)
- In Re Appleyard Motors Ltd  IECA 280 (Reckless Trading); and In Re Kelly’s Trucks Ltd  IEHC 6 (Fraudulent Trading)
- Saggart Motors Ltd v NG Motors Ltd  IEHC 390 (Derivative Actions)
- In Re Seda (Skills and Enteprise Development Academy) Ltd  IEHC 333 and In Re Emerald Isle Assurances and Investments Ltd  IEHC 669 (remedies for oppression).
- In Re Latzur Ltd (In Receivership)  IEHC 592 (Automatic Crystallisation Clauses and Recrystallisation of Floating Charge).
- In Re Begassa Ltd  IEHC 110 (Section 440 and Borrowing Costs of Receivers).
- In Re JJ Red Holdings Ltd  IEHC 524 and In Re KH Kitty Hall Holdings Ltd  IECA 247 (Settlement Agreements and Examinership).
- In Re PPF Capital Source Ltd  IECA 63 (Annulment of Winding Up Petition)
- In Re MB Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Ltd (In Liquidation)  IEHC 753 and In Re Churchboro Building Contractors Ltd  IEHC 663 (Post-Commencement Dispositions);
- In Re Custom House Capital Ltd (In Liquidation); Wallace v Cassidy & Ors  IEHC 689 (Disqualification of Directors)
Promotion, formation and dissolution
The Constitution and Related Matters
The Separate Legal Personality
Corporate Capacity and Authority
Membership and Beneficial Interests
Maintenance of Company Capital
Directors and Secretary
General Duties of Directors
Directors Transactions and Interests
Personal Liability of Directors
Members Meetings and Decision Making
Financial Statements and Reporting
Charges and Debentures
Asset Realisation and Distribution
Restriction and Disqualification
Legal and General App
New Legal & General App is here
We are delighted to announce the release of our new Legal & General App it is the Four Courts shop in your pocket and at your fingertips.
The perfect companion to all members of the legal trade there will be a huge number of features added over time to serve the Legal community download it now
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.