OUT OF PRINT
Published: February 2016
Publisher: Bloomsbury Professional (Ireland)
Country of Publication: Ireland
A Practical Guide to Medical Negligence Litigation in Ireland, covers the lifetime of a High Court medical negligence action from first contact with a client through to plenary hearing, settlement and mediation including inquests.
This practical guide to procedural steps that must be taken cites all relevant case law and statutes including the Rules of the Superior Courts, the Civil Liability and Courts Acts 2004, the various statutory instruments and Coroners Act.
- Chapter 1 The Legal Principles for Establishing Medical Negligence
- Chapter 2 Causation in Medical Negligence Claims
- Chapter 3 Loss of Chance
- Chapter 4 Informed Consent
- Chapter 5 Assimilating Essential Factual Information
- Chapter 6 Inquests into Hospital Deaths
- Chapter 7 Are There Reasonable Grounds to Pursue a Claim?
- Chapter 8 Statute of Limitations and its Impact on Medical Negligence Litigation
- Chapter 9 Delay in Commencing Proceedings
- Chapter 10 Commencement of Proceedings (Pleadings, Parties and Preparations for Trial)
- Chapter 11 Discovery in Medical Negligence Actions
- Chapter 12 Briefing Medical Experts
- Chapter 13 Medical Records
- Chapter 14 Formulating the Claim for Damages in Serious/Catastrophic Injury Cases
- Chapter 15 Life Expectancy Issues
- Chapter 16 Structured Settlements, Periodic Payment Orders
- Chapter 17 Birth Injury Litigation
- Chapter 18 Medical Negligence Litigation: Reform Proposals
- Appendix Ã¢ÂÂ Precedents
- Mismanagement of Labour Resulting In Cerebral Palsy
- Delay in Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
- Orthopaedic Negligence Mistreatment of a Fracture
Legal and General App
New Legal & General App is here
We are delighted to announce the release of our new Legal & General App it is the Four Courts shop in your pocket and at your fingertips.
The perfect companion to all members of the legal trade there will be a huge number of features added over time to serve the Legal community download it now
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.