Publication Date: 18/12/2013
Family Law provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of family law. It also addresses ?modern? family law issues, including rights of same sex couples, private ordering on marital breakdown, the Europeanisation of family law and the increasing role of mediation and collaboration in family law disputes.
Bringing you up to date on:
* Nearly 20 years of divorce law outlined
* The growing impact of European law on domestic family law regulation
* The impact of the elevated Constitutional position of the child
* The shift towards broadening the traditional concept of the family under Irish law
* Current reform proposals in relation to the traditional concepts of guardianship, custody and access
* The role of the State in protecting vulnerable family members
* Proposals for change in the Irish family law courts system
About the Author
Dr Louise Crowley is a qualified solicitor and a graduate of University College Cork (BCL 1996; LLM 1997) Louise was appointed to a college lectureship in UCC in 2000. She has
written extensively on family law matters. Publications include Family Law Nutshell (Thomson Reuters Round Hall 2008). She has also made contribution to Family Law (Oxford University
Press 2008), the Family Law Practitioner (Thomson Reuters Round Hall 2000), Child and Family Law Quarterly and the Irish Journal of Family Law (Thomson Reuters Round Hall).