Landlord and Tenant Law
Edited by Gabriel Brennan
- The 7th edition has been fully revised and updated in light of recent and forthcoming cases and legislation
- The manual explains Law Society recommended practice in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Includes sample documentation and precedents together with guidance for drafting leases
New to this Edition:
- The text has been fully revised and updated to include coverage and discussion of the Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2015, the Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act 2016 and the registers established under the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011
- The 7th edition features discussion of new cases including <i>Marine and Natural Resources v Figary Watersports Development Company Limited, Cuprum Properties Limited (Acting by its Joint Receivers and Managers Tom O'Brien and Simon Coyle) v Murray,</i> and <i>Wintertide Ltd v CIE & Anor</i>
Landlord and tenant is one of the most important areas of land law that all students must understand thoroughly. This manual is designed to give trainee solicitors a clear and complete understanding of practice in this field. It will familiarize trainees with the procedures involved in landlord and tenant law and how to properly advise clients. It deals with residential letting agreements, as well as examining the rights and obligations of landlords and tenants bound by commercial leases, thus offering an excellent overview of all crucial landlord and tenant topics.
This new edition has been fully revised and updated in the light of new codes and case law. A number of new precedents have been included, offering a practical approach to the subject, enabling students to familiarize themselves with documentation they will encounter in practice.
Table of Contents
2: Categorisation of tenancies
4: Other relationships involving land
5: Taking instructions/essential contents of a lease
6: The Residential Tenancies Acts, 2004 to 2016
7: Residential Tenancies Board
10: Statutory reliefs
11: Ground rents
12: Commercial leases
13: Value added tax
14: Housing (Private Rented Dwellings) Act, 1982
Edited by Gabriel Brennan, Solicitor and Lecturer on Continuing Professional Development, Diploma, and Professional Practice Courses, Law Society of Ireland
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.