The Companies Act 2014: An Annotation
Publisher: Round Hall
Publication Date: 18/08/2015
Jurisdiction: Ireland, Commonwealth, European Union, United Kingdom
The Companies Act 2014 is the longest Act in the history of the State, and consolidates 13 Acts of the Oireachtas as well as numerous statutory instruments. The Act also introduces numerous radical reforms to existing company law.
This new title is the essential annotated reference to the Companies Act 2014. It is the successor publication to Bastow Charleton?s Combined Companies Acts, which has been published and widely used since 1989.
* Table of Origins and Destinations for ready reference to equivalent provisions in the prior legislation.
* Table of Optional Provisions in the Act, identifying the provisions which a company may contract out of through its constitution.
* A narrative introduction to each Part of the Act explaining the key changes introduced in that Part.
* Annotations to each section referring to the equivalent provision in prior legislation, explaining the section?s application and referring, where necessary, to relevant case law.
* Annotations directing the reader to the equivalent provisions in UK legislation.
Note: This title is available both in print and as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView. For more information on the different formats please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Conroy, BL, LLB (Ling. Fr.), LLM (Cantab.), AITI is a practising barrister. He
is also a qualified tax consultant and a member of the Irish Society of Insolvency
Practitioners. He practises in company and insolvency law and has published
and spoken widely in this area.
About Crowe Horwath Bastow Charleton
Crowe Horwath Bastow Charleton is a leading accountancy and business advisory practice in Ireland. Since 1941 they have been providing tailored financial and business advice to clients across a range of sectors. Known for their commercially driven solutions paired with personal service, they have built a national reputation in the areas of audit, tax and advisory.
With over 100 professional staff in Ireland, they provide a comprehensive service to a client base ranging from private clients, sole traders and owner managed businesses, to financial institutions, government agencies, to not for profit and multinational organisations.