Author : Mary Donnelly
Author : Fidelma White
Publisher: Round Hall
Publication Date: 03/12/2014
Consumer Law: Rights and Regulation provides readers with a comprehensive and definitive analysis of contemporary Irish consumer law, within its European context. The book addresses consumer law issues from a dual perspective by examining both consumers? rights and suppliers? regulatory obligations.
* A comprehensive reference that provides you with invaluable analysis and interpretation
* Up to date and including all important case law, European and Irish legislation and Codes of Practice
* Suited to practitioner needs in advising both consumers and suppliers
* Identifies emerging legal developments and allows you to plan for future legal changes
* Analyses the policy basis for legal measures and enhances discussions around appropriate reform models
* Provides comprehensive analysis of complex and practically important issues in respect of: Sale of goods and supply of services; Product guarantee and product liability; Consumer credit; Financial Services Ombudsman; Investor protection; and Unfair commercial practices.
* Includes coverage of: EU Mortgages Directive 2014; European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulation 2013 which transposed the Consumer Rights Directive 2011/83/EC;Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears 2013; Central Bank Consumer Protection Code 2013; Directive 2013/11/EU on alternative dispute resolution for consumer disputes Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013 on online dispute resolution for consumer disputes
About the authors
Dr Mary Donnelly is a Senior Lecturer in Law at University College Cork. She is the author of The Law of Credit and Security (Thomson Reuters Round Hall, 2011). She has acted as a consultant on consumer and banking law issues for public and private sector organisations.
Dr Fidelma White is a Senior Lecturer in Law at University College Cork. She is the author of Commercial Law (Thomson Reuters Round Hall, 2nd ed., 2012). She was a member of the Sales Law Review Group (2008-11) and has acted as a consultant on various consumer law projects in Europe and Ireland.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.