Fundamentals of the Irish Legal System
Author : Liam Thornton
Author : Tanya Ni Mhuirthile
Author : Catherine O'Sullivan
Publisher: Round Hall
Publication Date: 22/06/2016
Series: Law, Policy and Politics
Fundamentals of the Irish Legal System: Law, Policy and Politics sets down and
examines the Irish legal system in a clear and accessible manner, while also requiring
the student to think about deeper issues relating to law and its interaction with society.
* Explains and critically assesses how Irish law is made and applied
* Focuses on what the law is, the concept of the rule of law, sources of law, the civil and criminal court systems, Irish law and international law, alternative dispute resolution, the role of judges, solicitors and barristers in the Irish legal system and the administration of justice
* Explains the intricacies of the Irish legal system, while also providing analysis and discussion on key areas and controversies
* Includes a section on how to find, read and analyse legislation, cases, other textbooks and journal articles so that students can put their knowledge into practice.
Key learning features
* A clear and logical structure
* Includes practical examples, tips and advice
* Dedicated legal insight sections that assist students in understanding law in its societal context throughout
* Exercises, time to reflect and case focus features throughout
About the authors
Tanya Ni Mhuirthile is a lecturer in law in the School of Law and Government, Dublin City University.
Catherine O?Sullivan is a lecturer in law in the School of Law, University College Cork.
Liam Thornton is a lecturer in law in the School of Law, University College Dublin.
Legal and General App
New Legal & General App is here
We are delighted to announce the release of our new Legal & General App it is the Four Courts shop in your pocket and at your fingertips.
The perfect companion to all members of the legal trade there will be a huge number of features added over time to serve the Legal community download it now
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.