Text, Cases, and Materials
Paul Craig and Gráinne de Búrca
Published: 21 July 2020
- Written by leading scholars on European Union law, EU Law: Text, Cases, and Materials provides an insightful analysis of the subject.
- Succinct and clear commentary sets out the law, illuminates the accompanying materials, and delivers critical and contextual analysis of all the legal and political aspects of EU law and policy.
- Features carefully chosen extracts from a wide range of sources including case judgments, EU legislation, and academic articles providing easy access to the materials that are key to understanding this dynamic and diverse area of law.
- Includes well-designed learning features to guide the reader through each topic, including concise 'central issues' and helpful 'conclusions' in each chapter, as well as detailed further reading advice.
- Contains a new chapter on current challenges facing the EU, including Brexit and the rule of law crisis.
- Also available as an e-book with functionality, navigation features, and links that offer extra learning support
New to this Edition:
- The seventh edition has been comprehensively updated to reflect the extensive developments that have taken place since publication of the sixth edition including:
- A new chapter on Brexit and the rule of law crisis
- Updated discussion of the institutional and substantive impact of the financial crisis
- Important new case law on areas such as: competence; human rights; citizenship; supremacy; direct effect; freedom of establishment; international relations law