Author: Jennifer Ring
Author: Una Cassidy
Publisher: Round Hall
Publication Date: 21/05/2020
The second edition of Landlord and Tenant Law, the Residential Sector provides a comprehensive overview of the law relating to residential tenancies. The text simplifies the complexities of the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 and amending legislation, including the recently enacted Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2019. It provides commentary on reported and unreported decisions of the Courts, as well as tribunal decisions of the Residential Tenancies Board. The text includes practical examples and precedents for legal practitioners and those involved in the residential sector more generally, including landlords, tenants and letting agents. It is also a comprehensive reference source for students and academics.
* Consolidates the law relating to residential tenancies.
* Explains the procedure for carrying out a rent review and the restrictions that apply to increasing rent in rent pressure zones.
* Provides a step by step guide for validly terminating a tenancy.
* Summarises the obligations that landlords and tenants must comply with.
* Provides a step by step guide to the dispute resolution process before the Residential Tenancies Board.
* Analyses key decisions before the courts and provides a comprehensive reference source of tribunal decisions before the Residential Tenancies Board.
* Details all key amendments introduced by the Residential Tenancies (Amendment) Act 2019, including the requirement that landlords register tenancies annually and the sanctions regime that now applies where landlords breach their obligations.
* Now includes practice notes, useful for both practitioners and landlords and tenants.
Useful precedents include:
* Rent review notices.
* Notices of termination.
* Court Forms.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.