Author: David Browne
Publisher: Round Hall
Pub Date: 06/2021
The long-awaited new edition of Simons on Planning Law provides a comprehensive analysis of the area of planning law in Ireland, including developments in national and European case-law since the previous edition, and reflects legal developments in the area since 2007.Significant statutory changes have occurred since the previous edition, including the Planning and Development (Amendment) Acts of 2010, 2015, 2017 and 2018, as well as the Planning and Development (Housing) and Residential Tenancies Act 2016, all of which are dealt with in this volume.In addition, there have been over 100 statutory instruments and numerous decisions of the CJEU and national courts in the area of planning law in the intervening period, between editions.
In the third instalment of this best-selling title, David Browne updates this comprehensive analysis of the area of planning law to include developments in national and European case-law.
* Includes all relevant statutory provisions and case-law.
* Provides a detailed analysis of the complex area of planning law.
* Enables practitioners to understand both substantive planning law and the procedural rules in judicial review applications, appeals and costs applications.
New to This Edition
* All new Chapters have been substantially amended to incorporate recent developments.
* New chapters on nature conservation/habitats, strategic development and housing and substitute consent.
* Covers the majority of decisions of the superior courts in the area of planning law as well as decisions of the CJEU on the EIA/Habitats Directives since 2007.
* Provides extensive analysis of Supreme Court determinations granting leave to appeal since the 33rd amendment to the Constitution.
* Covers significant decisions such as Kelly v An Bord Planula  IEHC 400 and Connelly v An Bord Planula  IESC 31.
About the Author
David Browne BL is a practising barrister specialising in the areas of administrative, local government, planning, environmental and procurement law. He is the author of "The Law of Local Government" (second edition to be published in 2020) and co-author of "Procurement Law in Ireland" (published in 2018). David also lectures in Administrative Law and is the course co-ordinator of the Advanced Diploma in Planning and Environmental Law in the Honourable Society of King's Inns.*
Additional contributions have been provided for this edition by Conor Quinn BL (Chapters 10 and 18) and Brendan Slattery, Partner in McCann Fitzgerald (Chapter 16).
Legal and General App
New Legal & General App is here
We are delighted to announce the release of our new Legal & General App it is the Four Courts shop in your pocket and at your fingertips.
The perfect companion to all members of the legal trade there will be a huge number of features added over time to serve the Legal community download it now
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.