Tritton on Intellectual Property in EuropeÃÂ is the leading text for explaining the European position across the breadth of intellectual property law.
- Provides unrivalled depth of coverage of intellectual property law and rights protection at an international, regional, and European level.
- Adopts a thematic approach to address the law, legislation, and regulations governing patents, trademarks, copyright, designs, and plant varieties.
- Compares the European legal position with that of individual nations.
- Addresses not only substantive IP law but also practical subjects such as implementation, licensing, franchising, and joint ventures.
- Examines the relationship between intellectual property and the EU and the different international conventions designed to protect member states.
- Advises on the different kinds of Ã¢ÂÂEuroÃ¢ÂÂ defences available to IP actions.
- Looks at the relationship with competition law and its enforcement within the EU, including analysis of the essential components of Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
- Includes a chapter on the enforcement of intellectual property rights and border controls.
- Defines dominant position and explains what might be constituted as an abuse.
- Covers issues of jurisdictional provisions and protective measures.
The fifth edition has been given a comprehensive update to include the following new features:
- Major update of the chapter on Jurisdiction, including online IPR infringement and Article 7(2) Recast Brussels Regulation
- Analysis of the changes to trade mark law brought about by the new EUTM Regulation and Directive
- Full update on Ã¢ÂÂcommunication to the publicÃ¢ÂÂ right, including analysis of the ECJ decisions inÃÂ Reha Training & GS Media
- Looks at the Ã¢ÂÂtechnical functionÃ¢ÂÂ exception
- Detailed commentary on the Unitary Patent and UPC Agreement
- Review of the US Department of Justice 2017 Guidelines to Licensing of IPR
- Addresses Article 102, technical standard and FRAND licences, including a full review ofÃÂ Huawei v ZTEÃÂ andÃÂ Unwired Planet v Huawei
- Updates on European IP defences, includingÃÂ FAPL v Luxton
- Full review of all recent IP case law of ECJ
VAT number: IE4814267p
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.